Patique CHERRY DUMP CAKE
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained
3 cups quartered frozen cherries, pitted
½ cup Patique Cherry Liqueur
1 ½ T. tapioca
1 T. lemon juice
1 package plain yellow cake mix
1 ½ sticks butter, melted
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Place the rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the frozen cherries, Patique Cherry Liqueur, tapioca and lemon juice in a saucepan until thickened.
- Spoon the pineapple evenly over the bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Cover the pineapple with the cherry mixture in the saucepan.
- Pour the dry cake mix evenly over the fruit mixture so that it reaches all the sides of the pan.
- Drizzle the entire pan with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the top of the cake. (Note: If you can locate Red Livermore Walnuts, they have a beautiful color in the dessert. If not, use regular walnuts or pecans.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake the cake until it is deep brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve the cake with a side of vanilla ice cream drizzled with Patique Cherry Liqueur.